- Is HL7 Relevant to Clinicians? (2013)
This article examines if HL7 and it’s myriad of Standards serves any direct purpose and use to Clinicians.
Published externally at the Sep 2013 edition of the HL7 International News.
- Use Case vs. Process vs. Workflow – Which is the secret ingredient? (2013)
This article illustrates the difference between Use Cases, Processes and Workflows and why Workflow can ‘make or break’ an eHealth project.
- Advances in Medical Imaging Informatics – Dealing with Big Data (2012)
This lecture slides were delivered at the AMBIS Annual Symposium 2012, Singapore and discuss how to handle Big Data in the world of medical images.
- Health IT Standards: What Went Wrong Where? (2012)
This article illustrates why Standards ‘fails’ in real-life implementation and the obvious rectification methods.
Published externally at the May 2012 edition of the HL7 International News.
- Technology – an Enabler of Healthcare Connectivity (2012)
This paper clarifies some concepts plus guidelines on effective selection of technology for mHealth in the various context, especially for rural areas.
Published externally at Health IT Journal (Volume 4, Issue 1, Jan – Mar 2012, ISSN 0975 – 6060X)
- Excuse Me, Are You ‘Vendor Neutral’? Achieving True Interoperability (2011)
This whitepaper exams and clarifies the misconception pertaining to ‘Vendor Neutral’ and highlight “Standards-Based Vendor Neutrality”.
- Excuse Me, Do You Own Your Medical Images? What Your Didn’t Know About Your Image Archive (2010)
This whitepaper discuss the purpose of DICOM Archives and why most of the solutions requires a folk-life data migration even though DICOM is supposed to ensure interoperability.
- Napier India Medical Imaging Informatics Symposium (2010)
The presentation slides I prepared for the Napier India Medical Imaging Informatics Symposium 2010 at New Delhi, India.
- Medical Imaging Informatics Overview (2010)
A set of lecture slides I prepared as a guest lecturer for the “Information Technology in Healthcare” module at Parkway College as part of their Graduate Diploma course.
- The DICOM Conformance Black Paper – What Your Vendors Don’t Want You To Know (2010)
This whitepaper examines the role of DICOM, the reasons why (and on how many levels) DICOM non-conformance takes place as well as the resolution options to DICOM non-conformance to achieve true interoperability.
- Vendor Neutral Archive & How it will change the World (of Medical Imaging Informatics) (2010)
This whitepaper examines the need for Vendor Neutral Archive and serves as an introduction/teaser to an ebook of the same title.
- Tele-Medical Imaging in Asia – A raising need (2010)
This article examines Tele-Medical Imaging, a sub discipline of Tele-Medicine, the drivers for implementation (in Asia) and success factors.
- Enterprise Imaging Informatics – PACS in Radiology and Beyond (2010)
This article examines the increasing demands for medical imaging services and how progress in medical imaging technologies, their impact across different clinic disciplines and how it redefines Enterprise Imaging Informatics and the potential market growth in Asia.
- Cost Effective Data Migration for Health Informatics Implementations (2010)
This article examines cost-effective data migration alternatives for healthcare Informatics implementations that is easy on the wallet and minimize conflict on the workflow.
- So you want to buy an ECG Management System (2009)
This article is a rehash of (a portion) a Research Proposal I wrote in Sep 2008 for a PhD that didn’t materialised. It examines (briefly) on the features on should look for when considering an ECG Management System implementation.
- Do Health IT vendors understand hospitals? (2009)
This article looks at an ‘age-old’ question and raises some questions to aid the readers in uncovering the answers for themselves.
- Emerging PACS Trends that Increase Imaging & Diagnostics Efficiency & Effectiveness (2009)
This article examines five top emerging (vendor neutral) trends that will increase both imaging and diagnostic efficiency for the medical imaging sector.
Taking a look at DICOM Structured Reporting (2009)
This article takes a look at DICOM SR, its intended features and why it has not been adopted rapidly in clinical use despite it’s intended design.
Mulitple Choice Questions (MCQs) on Medical Imaging Informatics (2009)
A set of 45 MCQs (developed for a reputed Indian Medical University) aimed at enforcing the basic concepts of medical imaging informatics of an Imaging Technologist.
Why Implement a Cardiology PACS? Part 1 – Motivation, Barriers and the reason ‘Why’ (2008 )
This article is modified from a paper I did as part of my Master Degree. It examines the drivers (motivation) and barriers towards Cardiology PACS implementation as well as the reasons why.
Medical Imaging Informatics, Who Owns The Enterprise PACS? (2008 )
A theme paper presented at the 23rd Singapore-Malaysia Radiographer’s Conference (SMRC).
- Excuse Me, Are you a PACS Administrator? (2008 )
This article examines the role of the modern-day PACS Administrator and related issues.
- Medical Waveform Format Encoding Rules (MFER) (2007)
This article examines the purpose of MFER and its role in conjunction with existing standards like DICOM & HL7, the potential it holds as well as the drivers for adoption of MFER as the de facto standard for waveforms.
- So, You want to buy a Cardiovascular PACS? (2007)
This article examines 10 areas of concerns that one should take note when selecting a Cardiovascular PACS.
- A Brief Introduction to Medical Informatics (for Biomedical Engineers) (2007)
A set of lecture slides for a presentation given at UniSim to ‘built awareness’ for Biomedical Engineers on why Medical Informatics is important to them even though they are not IT professionals.
- Moving on to Teleradiology (2007)
An article looking at the potential of TeleRadiology in Asia Pacific, addressing its drivers and barriers towards a successful implementation.
- Use of Internet in Healthcare (2007)
An article looking at the adoption and impact of Internet Technologies in Healthcare.
- Re-looking Nursing Informatics (2007)
This article examines the importance of Nursing Informatics and its role in the modern healthcare industry.
- RFID in Healthcare : Losing Cables, Making Waves (2007)
An exploratory article that highlights the benefits of RFID in the healthcare setting.
- Laboratory Information Systems: Opportunities in APAC (2007)
This article looks at the LIS market in Asia Pacific as well as the factors of successful LIS implementations.
- Telesurgery in Asia – Are we there yet? (2006)
An article that looks at the adoption rate of Telesurgery in Asia.
- Telesurgery: Are They Operating in Singapore Yet? (2006)
An article that looks at the adoption rate of Telesurgery in Singapore.
- IT Security in Biomedical Imaging Informatics : The Hidden Vulnerability (2005)
An oral paper presented at the 7th Annual NTU-SGH Symposium, Singapore.
- Image Quality Management in a PACS Environment (2005)
An oral paper presented at the 20th Singapore-Malaysia Radiographer’s Conference (SMRC).
- IT Security in Healthcare Informatics : The Hidden Vulnerability (2005)
An abstract I submitted for the Second Middle East Conference on Healthcare Informatics. The paper was not presented due to the inability to attend the conference in Dubai.
- Rethinking PACS security — The Unusual Suspects (2004)
An article discussing the dangers that modality-based equipment could bring to your PACS Network.