Time really flies fast when one is engaged with other activities, before I knew it, August has arrived!
There are several events of interest happening in Auguest that needs mentioning, the first being Singapore National Day 2014, which falls on the 9 August 2014.
(Yes, I am a native Singaporean 🙂 )
The second event would be PatientCare Malaysia 2014, scheduled from 12 – 14 August at Sunway Pyramid Convention Center, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Organised by the folks at Sphere Conferences, PatientCare Malaysia 2014 is focusing on 4 areas;
- Patient-centered leadership and culture in healthcare
- eHealth and patient-centric devices in health management
- Next generation care delivery models for sustainability
- Patient experience management: People and processes
My participation for this conference touches aspects of the above points through a presentation titled “Propelling future care with Patient-oriented Health Informatics” as well as moderating a panel titled “Achievements of Health Informatics so far and exploring further potential“.
I will not give too much details on the presentation (if you are interested in learning what it is about, drop me an email) but I am please to share that there are some interesting panellist on board for the panel discussion;
- Dr. Amirudin Hisan, Director of Telehealth Division, Ministry of Health, Malaysia
- Kumaravel Muniappan, Head of IT, Pantai Hospital Ayer Keroh
- Dr. HM Goh, Medical Director and COO, University of Malaya Specialist Centre
As one can observe, there is definitely diversity among the panellist and I have found this to be one of the key success factor for a robust discussion.
Till the next update.