For those who are attending the upcoming 27th Annual Plenary & Working Group Meeting help at Cambridge, MA (Sep 22, 2013 to Sep 27, 2013) and are interested in Medical Device Plug-and-Play Interoperability Lab, then read on.
There is a joint-meeting of IEEE EMBS 11073 and HL7 Health Care Devices (DEV) WG, at the working group and there is an invitation by the Medical Device Plug-and-Play (MD PnP) for an open house visit, where they will demonstrate their our work on medical device interoperability to improve patient safety and clinical workflow.
The special session for IEEE EMBS 11073 and HL7 Health Care Devices (DEV) WG will be clinically focused, and will include these demonstrations:
- PCA safety interlock that uses respiratory monitoring data to stop/lock out the infusion
- Synchronization of a ventilator with an x-ray exposure
- Pre-setting ICU equipment for a post-op cardiac surgery patient + smart, dynamic checklist
- Online clinical repository intended to report equipment and technology system gaps that inhibit effective patient care
- A MatLab based system to use our program’s open-source technologies for clinical research
- Remote data viewing, data access on tablets, plug and play connectivity demonstrations, etc.
The MD PnP lab is located on the first floor at 65 Landsdowne Street in Cambridge
The software and technologies being developed by our program are funded primarily by NIH, NSF, DoD, and NIST. The demonstrations are part of an evolving “test bed” (platform and tools) for use by clinicians and hospitals, the computer science and engineering research community, and medical device manufacturers, to enable innovative clinical, engineering, and HIT research to improve healthcare.
MD PnP Program web site: http://mdpnp.org