I have been toying with the idea of getting a new mobile phone, the main reasons are;
- My existing Samsung Omina II is getting quite sluggish in terms of performance (the response lag got on my nerves)
- The temptation of getting a IPhone 4 is really getting to me
I’d say it really was a trying situation. Yes, you read it right, it was but no longer is.
In a bid to stick to my new “Go Green” lifestyle, I opted to upgrade my existing phone instead – from Windows Mobile 6.1 to 6.5.
Personally, I am quite glad that I did the upgrade as opposed to getting a new phone because the only ‘issue’ I had was the response lag (well, what can I say, it’s running Windows) and had no need for any additional functionalities. I use my mobile phone for the same few things;
- Make and receive phone calls
- Send and receive sms
- Sync my Calender so I get reminded of my schedule (its crazy busy for me everyday)
- On some occasion, take some photos
- On rare occasion, listen to the radio
That is about it. Seriously.
I have long decided that I do not want my emails delivered instantaneously, nor do I want to read my documents off my phone (I’ve since gotten a Kindle for that). I do not listen to music and I do not play games (if needed, a Kindle will also handle all of these requirements).
So there you have it, I put my money where my mouth is – recycle, reuse and reduce
(I have more Green achievements to share but those are stories for another time).